This is the most complete trip for watching all targets and endemics from the southeastern and southern portion of the Atlantic Forest and associated highland grasslands. In this trip we will travel along the best birding destinations from Rio de Janeiro to Rio Grande do Sul, and at the end our journey the trip list will trespass the mark of 400 bird species really watched.
Solitary Tinamou, Yellow-legged Tinamou, Mantled Hawk, White-necked Hawk, Gray-bellied Hawk, Black-fronted Piping-Guan, Scaled Chachalaca, Spot-winged Wood-Quail, Scarlet Ibis, Long-tufted Screech-Owl, Rusty-barred Owl, Tawny-browed Owl, Least Pygmy-Owl, Long-trained Nightjar, Silky-tailed Nightjar, Sickle-winged Nightjar, Rufous-capped Motmot, Festive Coquette, Saw-billed Hermit, Black Jacobin, Dusky-throated Hermit, Green-crowned Plovercrest, Violet-crowned Plovercrest, Robust Woodpecker, Helmeted Woodpecker, Mottled Piculet, Yellow-eared Woodpecker, Buff-bellied Puffbird,Black-billed Scythebill, Long-tailed Cinclodes, Araucaria Tit-Spinetail, Striated Tit-Spinetail, Gray-bellied Spinetail, Pallid-Spinetail, Ovive Spinetail, Itatiaia Spinetail, Orange-eyed Thornbird, Orange-breasted Thornbird, Canebrake Groundcreeper, Pale-browed Treehunter, White-collared Foliage-Gleaner, Black-capped Foliage-Gleaner, Ochre-breasted Foliage-Gleaner, Tawny-throated Leaftosser, White-bearded Antshrike, Rufous-backed Antvireo, Salvadori’s Antwren, Unicolored Antwren, Restinga Antwren, Black-hooded Antwren, Parana Antwren, Sao Paulo Antwren, Rufous-tailed Antbird, White-bibbed Antbird, Rufous-tailed Antbird, Speckle-breasted Antpitta, Spotted Bamboowren, Russet-winged Spadebill, Planalto Tapaculo, Slaty Bristlefront, Restinga Tyrannulet, Sao Paulo Tyrannulet, Serra do Mar Tyrannulet, Fork-tailed Tody-Tyrant, Kaempfer’s Tody-Tyrant, Atlantic Royal Flycatcher, Serra do Mar Tyrant-Manakin, Black-capped Piprites, Pin-tailed Manakin, Sharpbill, Buff-throated Purpletuft, Shrike-like Cotinga, Swallow-tailed Cotinga, Cinnamon-vented Piha, Black-and-gold Cotinga, Gray-winged Cotinga, Bare-throated Bellbird, Azure Jay, Black-legged Dacnis, Gilt-edged Tanager, Brassy-breasted Tanager, White-bellied Tanager, Black-backed Tanager, Brazilian Tanager, Chestnut-headed Tanager, Thick-billed Saltator, Buff-fronted Seedeater, Temmick’s Seedeater, Bay-chested Warbling-Finch, Buff-throated Warbling-Finch, Green-chinned Euphonia and much more!
- Day 1: Galeão Airport to our hotel;
- Day 2: Birding the Costa do Sol Area and transfer to Itororó Lodge;
- Day 3: Birding the Sumidouro and Duas Barras;
- Day 4: Birding the Pico da Caledonia;
- Day 5: Birding at REGUA and transfer to Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 6: Birding the upper Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 7: Birding the lower Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 8: Transfer to Ubatuba; Short stop for Black-hooded Antbird;
- Day 9: Birding Folha Seca Area;
- Day 10: Birding northern Ubatuba;
- Day 11: Transfer to Peruíbe with a short stop for the Sao Paulo Antwren;
- Day 12: Birding the Peruíbe and Mongaguá Area;
- Day 13: Transfer to Intervales State Park;
- Day 14: Intervales State Park;
- Day 15: Intervales State Park;
- Day 16: Transfer to Volta Velha Reserve;
- Day 17: Birding the Volta Velha Reserve;
- Day 18: Transfer to Urupema;
- Day 19: Birding Urupema area;
- Day 20: Transfer to Vacaria with a birding day at the Capão alto area;
- Day 21: After birding in Vacaria and Bom Jesus transfer to Porto Alegre;
- Day 22: End of the trip or birding extension to Lagoa do Peixe National Park and/or Espinilho State Park.
When to go
April to November.
Ask in advance.
- Accommodation in double rooms;
- All meals during the trip (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner);
- Ground Transport with local driver;
- Guide services.
- Drinks and Bar services;
- Phone services;
- Air tickets.