This is the most complete trip for watching all targets and endemics from the southeastern and southern portion of the Atlantic Forest. In this trip we will travel along the best birding destinations from Rio de Janeiro to Rio Grande do Sul, and at the end our journey the trip list will trespass the mark of 450 bird species.
Solitary Tinamou, Yellow-legged Tinamou, Mantled Hawk, White-necked Hawk, Gray-bellied Hawk, Black-fronted Piping-Guan, Scaled Chachalaca, Spot-winged Wood-Quail, Scarlet Ibis, Long-tufted Screech-Owl, Rusty-barred Owl, Tawny-browed Owl, Least Pygmy-Owl, Long-trained Nightjar, Silky-tailed Nightjar, Sickle-winged Nightjar, Rufous-capped Motmot, Festive Coquette, Saw-billed Hermit, Black Jacobin, Dusky-throated Hermit, Green-crowned Plovercrest, Violet-crowned Plovercrest, Robust Woodpecker, Helmeted Woodpecker, Mottled Piculet, Yellow-eared Woodpecker, Buff-bellied Puffbird,Black-billed Scythebill, Long-tailed Cinclodes, Araucaria Tit-Spinetail, Striated Tit-Spinetail, Gray-bellied Spinetail, Pallid-Spinetail, Ovive Spinetail, Itatiaia Spinetail, Orange-eyed Thornbird, Orange-breasted Thornbird, Canebrake Groundcreeper, Pale-browed Treehunter, White-collared Foliage-Gleaner, Black-capped Foliage-Gleaner, Ochre-breasted Foliage-Gleaner, Tawny-throated Leaftosser, White-bearded Antshrike, Rufous-backed Antvireo, Salvadori’s Antwren, Unicolored Antwren, Restinga Antwren, Black-hooded Antwren, Parana Antwren, Sao Paulo Antwren, Rufous-tailed Antbird, White-bibbed Antbird, Rufous-tailed Antbird, Speckle-breasted Antpitta, Spotted Bamboowren, Russet-winged Spadebill, Planalto Tapaculo, Slaty Bristlefront, Restinga Tyrannulet, Sao Paulo Tyrannulet, Serra do Mar Tyrannulet, Fork-tailed Tody-Tyrant, Kaempfer’s Tody-Tyrant, Atlantic Royal Flycatcher, Serra do Mar Tyrant-Manakin, Black-capped Piprites, Pin-tailed Manakin, Sharpbill, Buff-throated Purpletuft, Shrike-like Cotinga, Swallow-tailed Cotinga, Cinnamon-vented Piha, Black-and-gold Cotinga, Gray-winged Cotinga, Bare-throated Bellbird, Azure Jay, Black-legged Dacnis, Gilt-edged Tanager, Brassy-breasted Tanager, White-bellied Tanager, Black-backed Tanager, Brazilian Tanager, Chestnut-headed Tanager, Thick-billed Saltator, Buff-fronted Seedeater, Temmick’s Seedeater, Bay-chested Warbling-Finch, Buff-throated Warbling-Finch, Green-chinned Euphonia and much more!
- Day 1: Galeão Airport to our hotel in the Costa do Sol area;
- Day 2: Birding the Costa do Sol area and transfer to Nova Friburgo;
- Day 3: Birding the Pico da Caledonia;
- Day 4: Nova Friburgo to REGUA;
- Day 5: Birding at REGUA;
- Day 6: Birding at REGUA and transfer to Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 7: Birding at the Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 8: Transfer to Paraty; Short stop for Black-hooded Antbird;
- Day 9: Birding the Black-hooded Antbird area and transfer to Ubatuba;
- Day 10: Birding the Folha Seca area;
- Day 11: In the morning birding the São Paulo Marsh Antwren area. After lunch transfer to Intervales Sate Park;
- Day 12: Intervales State Park;
- Day 13: Intervales State Park;
- Day 14: Intervales State Park to Cananéia;
- Day 15: Cananéia;
- Day 16: Transfer to Volta Velha Reserve;
- Day 17: Birding the Volta Velha Reserve;
- Day 18: Transfer to Urupema;
- Day 19: Urupema;
- Day 20: Transfer to Vacaria with a birding day at the Capão Alto area;
- Day 21: After birding in Vacaria and Bom Jesus transfer to Porto Alegre;
- Day 22: End of the trip or birding extension to Lagoa do Peixe National Park and/or Espinilho State Park.