This trip starts in São Paulo city, where we will drive down to the coast for watching the Red-tailed Parrots and some Atlantic Forest Lowland endemics.
After that, we will move southwards to the PETAR Touristic Park for watching Blue-bellied Parrots, and also Red-breasted Toucans and Spot-billed Toucanets eating fruits of the jussara palms.
Continuing our journey we will move to the highlands of Santa Catarina i the town of Urupema for watching one of the most spectacular nature events on earth: the large flocks of Red-spectacled and Vinaceous-breasted Parrots!!!
This is a great opportunity to see and photograph this wonderful species. The trip ends in the Florianópolis Airport.
Red-spectacled Parrots, Vivacious-breasted Parrot, Red-tailed Parrot, Blue-bellied Parrot, Blue-winged Parrotlets, Plain Parakeet, Maroon-bellied Parakeets, Red-capped Parrot, Buff-bellied Puffbird, Channel-billed Toucan, Red-breasted Toucan, Spot-billed Toucanet, Azure jay, Black-backed Tanager, Chestnut-backed Tanager, Green Honeycreeper, Diademed Tanager, Hepatic Tanager, Blue-and-Yellow Tanager, Violacous Euphonia, Chestnut-bellied Euphonia.
- Day 1: Guarulhos Airport to Peruíbe;
- Day 2: Birding in Peruíbe and Mongaguá;
- Day3: Peruíbe to PETAR Touristic Park;
- Day 4: Birding the PETAR Touristic Park;
- Day 5: PETAR Touristic Park to Urupema;
- Day 6: Birding in Urupema;
- Day 7: Birding in Urupema:
- Day 8: Urupema to Florianópolis Airport.
When to go
April and May.
Ask in advance for details.
- Accommodation in double rooms;
- All meals during the trip (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner);
- Ground Transport with local driver;
- Guide Services.
- Drinks and Bar services;
- Phone services;
- Air tickets.