In this trip you are able to see most of the endemic birds from the Atlantic Forest that occurs in the Rio de Janeiro and coastal northern São Paulo area. The birding destinations are the Serra dos Órgãos, Itatiaia National Park, Agra dos Reis and Ubatuba in São Paulo. The trip starts in Rio de Janeiro and finish at the Guarulhos Airport.
Mantled Hawk, White-necked Hawk, Rusty-barred Owl, Tawny-browed Owl, Least Pygmy-Owl, Long-trained Nightjar, Rufous-capped Motmot, Festive Coquette, Saw-billed Hermit, Black Jacobin, Dusky-throated Hermit, Green-crowned Plovercrest, Robust Woodpecker, Yellow-eared Woodpecker, Buff-bellied Puffbird, Black-billed Scythebill, Araucaria Tit-Spinetail, Gray-bellied Spinetail, Pallid-Spinetail, Itatiaia Spinetail, Orange-eyed Thornbird, Pale-browed Treehunter, White-collared Foliage-Gleaner, Black-capped Foliage-Gleaner, Tawny-throated Leaftosser, White-bearded Antshrike, Rufous-backed Antvireo, Salvadori’s Antwren, Unicolored Antwren, Restinga Antwren, Black-hooded Antwren, Sao Paulo Antwren, White-bibbed Antbird, Rufous-tailed Antbird, Speckle-breasted Antpitta, Spotted Bamboowren, Slaty Bristlefront, Serra do Mar Tyrannulet, Fork-tailed Today-Tyrant, Atlantic Royal Flycatcher, Serra do Mar Tyrant-Manakin, Black-capped Piprites, Pin-tailed Manakin, Buff-throated Purpletuft, Shrike-like Cotinga, Swallow-tailed Cotinga, Black-and-gold Cotinga, Gray-winged Cotinga, Gilt-edged Tanager, Brassy-breasted Tanager, White-bellied Tanager, Thick-billed Saltator, Buff-fronted Seedeater, Temmick’s Seedeater, Bay-chested Warbling-Finch, Buff-throated Warbling-Finch and much more!
- Day 1: Galeão Airport to the Costa do Sol area;
- Day 2: Birding the Costa do Sol and transfer to Itororó Lodge;
- Day 3: Birding Theodoro Trail;
- Day 4: Birding Sumidouro and Duas Barras area;
- Day 5: Birding the Pico da Caledonia;
- Day 6: Birding the REGUA area and transfer to Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 7: Birding the upper Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 8: Birding the lower Itatiaia National Park;
- Day 9: Transfer to Ubatuba; Short stop for Black-hooded Antbird;
- Day 10: Birding Folha Seca Area;
- Day 11: Birding northern Ubatuba;
- Day 12: Transfer to Guarulhos Airport;
When to go
April to november.
Ask in advance for details.
- Accommodation in double rooms;
- All meals during the trip (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner);
- Ground Transport with local driver;
- Guide services.
- Drinks and Bar services;
- Phone services;
- Air tickets.