In this trip you are able to see most of the endemic birds from the souther portion of the Atlantic Forest that occurs from southern São Paulo to Rio Grande do Sul. The birding destinations are the lowland Forest of southern coastal São Paulo, Intervales State Park, Volta Velha Reserve, Urupema, and Highland Grasses of southern Brazil. The trip begins in São Paulo at Guarulhos Airport and ends at Porto Alegre International Airport.
Solitary Tinamou, Black-fronted Piping-Guan, Scaled Chachalaca, Black Hawk-Eagle, Mantled Hawk, White-necked Hawk, Grey-bellied Hawk, Rusty-barred Owl, Tawny-browed Owl, Long-tufted Screech-Owl, Least Pygmy-Owl, Long-trained Nightjar, Silky-tailed Nightjar, Sickle-winged Nightjar, Rufous-capped Motmot, Saw-billed Hermit, Black Jacobin, Dusky-throated Hermit, Purple-crowned Plovercrest, Red-tailed Parrot, Blue-bellied Parrot, Robust Woodpecker, Helmeted Woodpecker, Mottled Piculet, Buff-bellied Puffbird, Black-billed Scythebill, Long-tailed Cinclodes, Araucaria Tit-Spinetail, Striolated Tit-Spinetail, Olive Spinetail, Canebrake Groundcleaner, Gray-bellied Spinetail, Orange-breasted Thornbird, Pale-browed Treehunter, White-collared Foliage-Gleaner, Black-capped Foliage-Gleaner, White-bearded Antshrike, Giant Antshrike, Large-tailed Antshrike, Unicolored Antwren, Variegated Antpitta, Speckle-breasted Antpitta, Spotted Bamboowren, Slaty Bristlefront, Planalto Tapaculo, Serra do Mar Tyrannulet, Restinga Tyrannulet, Black-and-white Monjita, Atlantic Royal Flycatcher, Kaempfer’s Tody-Tyrant, Russet-winged Spadebill, Serra do Mar Tyrant-Manakin, Pin-tailed Manakin, Bare-throated Bellbird, Red-ruffed Fruitcrow, Cinnamon-vented Piha, Swallow-tailed Cotinga, Black-headed Berryeater, Hooded Berryeater, Ochre-breasted Pipit, Hellmayir’s Pipit, Brassy-breasted Tanager, Black-backed Tanager, Chestnut-backed Tanager, Black-legged Dacnis, Thick-billed Saltator, Lesser Grassfinch, Long-tailed Reed-Finch, Blackish-blue Seedeater, Buff-fronted Seedeater, Temmick’s Seedeater, Bay-chested Warbling-Finch, Gray-throated Warbling-Finch, Saffron-cowled Blackbird and much more!
- Day 1: Guarulhos Airport to Peruíbe – Red-tailed Parrots in the evening;
- Day 2: Birding the Peruíbe and Mongaguá Area;
- Day 3: Transfer to Intervales State Park;
- Day 4: Intervales State Park;
- Day 5: Intervales State Park;
- Day 6: Transfer to Volta Velha Reserve;
- Day 7: Birding the Volta Velha Reserve;
- Day 8: Transfer to Urupema;
- Day 9: Birding the Urupema area;
- Day 10: Transfer to Vacaria with a birding day at the Capão alto area;
- Day 11: After birding in Vacaria and Bom Jesus transfer to Porto Alegre;
- Day 12: End of the trip or birding extension to Lagoa do Peixe National Park and/or Espinilho State Park.
When to go
April to november.
Ask in advance for details.
- Accommodation in double rooms;
- All meals during the trip (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner);
- Boat trip for watching Scarlet Ibis;
- Ground Transport with local driver;
- Guide services.
- Drinks and Bar services;
- Phone services;
- Air tickets.